Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My 10 Fanfiction favoutrites

Here are my 10 favourite fanfics, which are based on musicals, thrillers with a twist, a bit of comedy and games related to the first two genres. (By Keita Tavita)

1. 8 Mile: I love the anticipated climax at the end of the movie. And this fanfic brings a lot more because it's based on life through rap.

2. Sweeney Todd/What really happened: This movie appeals very well with its musical genre, but the fanfic comes with some surprising twists at the end.

3. Singstar/Episode 1: I love the game on playstation 2 and I just found out that there is a story about it. The lyrics make it look like a poem instead of a song. Some songs are tunes to other songs, you be the judge.

4. Pans Labyrinth: This fanfic sets up for a dark tone. Easy to understand if you have seen the movie.

5. NARC/No one will ever read this: This is not NARC the movie, but NARC the game which was banned in Australia due to its violence. You may not want to read this fanfic because of its suggested title, however it is pretty funny because some parts don't not make sense. It does relate to the actual game though.

6. Panic Room/Haste: Poem describing some events during the movie. Meant to capture the readers attention straight from the start.

7. Memento: This is one of my favourite thrillers and here is a poem based on one of the characters in the film.

8. Band Camp, American Pie: This is the only comedy I like based on the band camp version. Although this is just the first chapter, it should set up some hilarious events in the future.

9. School of Rock: Alternate version of school of rock, kind of funny in a way. Good fanfic to read.

10. The sound of Music: This is probably the movie that I have watched over and over again. This is a fanfic based on the doe, ray, me song, a complete parody to round my top 10 favourites.

No comments: